Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Treats Day 5: Caramel Corn

I'm not entirely sure why, but I only seem to think about caramel corn around the winter holidays.  I want to blame it on the popcorn tins my family used to get annually as I was growing up.  They always had three sections of delicious popcorn: buttery, cheesy, and caramel.  There's also a company I used to sell for a fundraiser growing up and they make a popcorn variation that is caramel corn drizzled with chocolate and white chocolate.  It wouldn't be all that difficult to make using this recipe for the caramel corn.



½ cup oleo
¼ cup Karo syrup
1 cup brown sugar
Popcorn

Spray a brown bag with cooking spray, pop corn and place in bag.  Microwave remaining ingredients for 2 minutes or until it boils.  Pour over corn and stir.  Microwave for 2 minutes and lay out on wax paper lined cookie sheets to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment